Welcome to First Regional Library!
As the Regional Library Director, I want you to know how much we, the First Regional Library (FRL) staff, are here to not only provide excellent service, but also a vast collection of materials, quality programming, varied technology access, and electronic resources to fulfill your informational and entertainment needs at a library close to you.
The mission of FRL is a “gathering place that supports education, encourages lifelong learning, inspires collaboration, and sparks community transformation.” Though this is a lofty goal, we work very hard to deliver for you, our treasured patrons. FRL accomplishes this by:
- Operating 14 libraries in DeSoto, Lafayette, Panola, Tate, and Tunica Counties.
- Prioritizing first rate customer service from our award-winning, dedicated staff.
- Providing 500,000 items for check out in all FRL libraries that may be returned at any FRL branch.
- Planning and implementing 2500 programs for children, teens, and adults annually.
- Open a total of 595 hours combined at all branches each week for the convenience of our patrons.
- Staying abreast of technological resources, providing access to a wide variety of e-books, downloadable audios, and e-magazines.
- Providing an abundance of computers in each location, with an annual use of over 115,000 by our patrons.
FRL has been named a STAR Library System in the state of Mississippi because of its tremendous usage…this includes items checked out, interlibrary loan, programming, and computer use. We are extremely proud to receive this state-wide honor.
Let me also take this opportunity to say thank you to all of our elected officials, as well as to the First Regional Board of Trustees. Without their support, we could not provide the level of service that we do.
In closing, I would love to hear your ideas or suggestions regarding your local library. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to voice your ideas or concerns.
Hope to see you in a library very soon!
Lori Barnes, MLS
Regional Library Director